August 12, 2011

Lingonberry Soda





My fascination and addiction with lingonberries (only the ones from Ikea though) is still going on strong! Today, I have made a lingonberry soda. It's actually quite simple. Instead of using water to make juice, I used seltzer water to give it some fizziness. Best of all, I just eyeballed ingredients (no extra things to wash!).

Personally, I didn't think it was as fizzy as a coke, but it still gave some nice fizz on your tongue. (Keep in mind that I tried it after taking pictures, hosing a table down, and etc., so yours might be more fizzy than mine)

You'll need 2 ingredients:


1 part of lingonberry syrup and 4 parts of seltzer water

Use a pretty, fancy wine glass if you feel like it. I did.

Pour the lingonberry syrup into the glass first.  If you are trying to pour the syrup into the glass with one hand, take a picture with the other, and look through the camera screen all at the same time, try your very very best not to make a mess.

Whoops! Oh well. I'll have to rinse of the picnic table. At least the hose is nearby.


Then pour 4 parts of seltzer water into the lingonberry syrup. You see, you don't even have to mix the mixture! It just incorporates! Put some ice cubes in if you want.
Enjoy! It's refreshing and simple as ABC! Even a kindergartener could make this! And best of all, it makes me feel all adult-like, since it looks somewhat like an alcoholic beverage (especially with that pretty wine glass)!


Lingonberry Soda
Note: You can eyeball the ingredients. 

Ingredients:
1 part of lingonberry syrup, chilled
4 parts of seltzer water, chilled
ice cubes, optional

Directions:
Pour lingonberry syrup into a cup. Pour seltzer water in. Add ice cubes if desired. That's it! Best when you drink it under the sun!

P.S. I could only dream that this post was sponsored. Then maybe I could get rich from this blog. But no, this isn't sponsored! I wish!

P.S.S. This made it to Tastespotting! Yipee! My very first photo to make it there!

7 comments:

  1. Haha! You are so cute! I love your posts and write-ups ... great sense of humor! And nice pics as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an Ikea nearby too - will definitely have to pick up a bottle on our next visit - love the Watermelon Lingonberry recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SteamyKitchen: Oh my goodness! Is it Jaden from Steamy Kitchen who just commented on my blog? (Faint) Thanks SO much Jaden! I <3 your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 ingredient recipes are AWESOME! This looks really great, I'll have to pick up some ligonberry syrup next time I'm at IKEA. I have some elderflower stuff from there - maybe that will work well too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At some IKEAs, where they have a little cafeteria, they have a lingonberry soda in the drink dispensers, where the other soft drinks are. Its quite good! But I bet your kind is much healthier and can be measured to taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At some IKEAs, where they have a little cafeteria, they have a lingonberry soda in the drink dispensers, where the other soft drinks are. Its quite good! But I bet your kind is much healthier and can be measured to taste :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...