December 8, 2013

Cherry Cobbler

 

To the dismay of one of my best friends (she's also the first reader of this blog!), I didn't post any recipes for a long time - only guides and descriptions. She complained, "How will I ever be able to make them myself?" Well, I have an actual recipe today! (Happy now? M-? :P)

I made this cherry cobbler for Thanksgiving dinner. Originally, I was going to cook a cherry sauce, but I decided to go with a cranberry sauce instead. So I made a cobbler with the cherries! (And for those of you who live in a place where cherries are out of season right now, maybe you should save this recipe and wait until they are back in season... (ahem. not that I would spend over ten dollars on a small bag of cherries...))


This was my mom's favorite dessert from Thanksgiving dinner.

Look at those crumbs!

Cherry Cobbler
makes 1 9-inch round cobbler
serves 8-10

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 cups cherries, pitted and halved
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup AP flour 
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.

In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla extract together. Combine the flour mixture with the liquid mixture. Pour batter into cake pan. 

Sprinkle cherries evenly over the top of the batter. (Note: I found that the cherries that were skin side up sank into the batter whereas the cherries that were skin side down remained visible after baking. For a prettier cobbler, place cherries skin side down.) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center springs back when lightly touched.

Cool before serving.

7 comments:

  1. Cherry Cobbler looks really nice Amanda.. Loved those macaroon and Meringue pics.. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm, looks delicious, want to grab a spoon and take a good helping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling over here! Love those fillings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cobbler! Cherries fit right in there :) ela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmh, looks so good.
    Cherries add a great flavor and the cake looks soft and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT LOOKS STUNNING! I love cherries. I had a bad experience with them when I was young. They were always those candied cherries that you find on top of horribly iced sponge cakes for birthdays. I hated those so I always thought I hated cherries. Then I had a fresh cherry and it changed my life. It's now one of my favourite fruits, and it works so well in puddings and cakes. I've got to try this cobbler! woo!

    p.s. hope you found the font :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....I missed you too! This is such a divine treat! :-)
    Happy New Year to you!

    Christy
    http://yumyumbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...